Thursday 9 July 2009

Possible Music Choices

Possible Music Choice
‘Living to Get By’ – The New York Fund

This is one of the songs that I’m strongly considering to use, in fact at the moment this is the song that I would say is the most likely that I would use. The song has several features which makes it interesting and, in my opinion, sets it reasonably apart from several others that I have listened to. The most interesting of these, for me, is the tone of ‘western’ that is included in the song via the trumpet and the steady, rhythmic tempo which is similar to that of a horse riding. Due to this I feel that the song can potentially inspire a very interesting music video. A good example of a music video that I can learn from and use as inspiration is ‘Knights of Cydonia’ by Muse, as this is based on a spaghetti western theme and therefore uses several genre conventions – such as frequent close-up shots of eyes, a narrative exploring the struggle between good and evil, as well as the use of distinctive costumes and locations to create an exciting mise-en-scene.


‘Kaliyuga’ – Engine-EarZ

This is quite a strange yet interesting piece which would be very difficult but also seems an attractive prospect. The song has no lyrics, which provides a challenge as the narrative must be designed from scratch, however for the same reason it also provides an opportunity to do something different and interpret the song in a more abstract manner. The piece also has different phases and changes of pace, which therefore presents the chance to create a varied video with different levels.

‘Amazonian Love’ – Shake Aletti

This song I am less sure about. Although the song has a strong beat which could provide good opportunities for synchronised cuts, I feel the song may be slightly too conventional to inspire an original and engaging narrative, therefore at this stage I’m more likely to opt for one of the other two songs rather than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment